SKIN CARE TIPS
7 Tips for Healthy Winter Skin
by Angela Kaupe
When it comes to healthy winter skin there are several tips to try that will help with moisturizing and keeping your skin hydrated and glowing. By following the steps below and your'e on the way to healthier, happier skin.
1. Keep moisture in the air and invest in a humidifier.
2. Limit hot showers and baths.
3. Use a gentle, chemical free cleanser.
4. Upgrade your moisturizer and use it often.
5. Moisturize frequently, especially your body.
6. Exfoliate less frequently.
7. Apply sunscreen — even on dull winter days.
“If your skin is really, really dry, then you certainly don’t exfoliate, but once a week." Skip the exfoliate brush and head for a more less aggressive cleanser to exfoliate with because your skin barrier is going to be a little bit compromised because of the dryness and the cold air.”
"After you shower, I always recommend body oils. I really like coconut oil, because that can hydrate your skin and protect your barrier after a warm shower or bath."
"Not all skincare products are the same. When searching for the right skincare. Make sure to look for chemical free products. Chemicals can be harsh and abbrasive and more dryness can occur.