"Angela did my makeup for my wedding day and I could not have been happier with the results! She also did the makeup for all 5 of my bridesmaids. Overall she did a fantastic job and all of the ladies were thrilled with their makeup and lashes. She was prompt, willing to travel to our location (which was very appreciated), and just a pleasure to work with. Her skincare & spa is truly a hidden gem in Dunwoody. I used to get spray tans from a chain tanning salon, but I actually cancelled my membership once I discovered Angela's salon. I have gotten the BEST spray tans (custom tans with an actual person rather than a booth) at her salon. Perfect color (I am VERY naturally fair so I have to be careful), even distribution of color, and the tan lasts a long time as long you take the proper measures to extend it such as moisturizing every day. I love Angela Michael Skincare & Spa and would absolutely recommend to anyone looking to pamper themselves"! -Anne
If your skin is really dry, then follow these few steps :
When it comes to healthy winter skin there are several tips to try that will help with moisturizing and keeping your skin hydrated and glowing. By following the steps below and your'e on the way to healthier, happier skin.
1. Keep moisture in the air and invest in a humidifier.
2. Limit hot showers and baths.
3. Use a gentle, chemical free cleanser.
4. Upgrade your moisturizer and use it often.
5. Moisturize frequently, especially your body.
6. Exfoliate less frequently.
7. Apply sunscreen — even on dull winter days.
“If your skin is really, really dry, then you certainly don’t exfoliate, but once a week." Skip the exfoliate brush and head for a more less aggressive cleanser to exfoliate with because your skin barrier is going to be a little bit compromised because of the dryness and the cold air.”
"After you shower, I always recommend body oils. I really like coconut oil, because that can hydrate your skin and protect your barrier after a warm shower or bath."
"Not all skincare products are the same. When searching for the right skincare. Make sure to look for chemical free products. Chemicals can be harsh and abbrasive and more dryness can occur.
Written by Angela Kaupe
How do I prepare my wedding skin?
Here are some tips to make sure your skin looks its best on your special day. When it comes to preparing for your wedding glow, there's no such thing as starting to soon. Follow these few tips to help prepare for the big day.
1. Choosing the right skin treatment and products are very important prior to your wedding day. Seek an esthetician to help choose the correct facial and products for you skin type. Don't try new products without consulting your esthetician.
2. Schedule your makeup consultation at least six month before your wedding day. Be sure to consult with your makeup artist on your ideal makeup look and any skin sensitivity during your consult.
3. Plan one month before your wedding to exfoliate your body and moisture. Try to schedule a body scrub to prepare your skin for the wedding day and honeymoon.
4. Start eating healthy antioxidants, drinking green tea, and schedule a detox wrap to increase energy and a glowing skin.
5. To avoid any fake tan disasters on the big day, book yourself for an airbrush organic spray 2 weeks before to avoid any streaky patches or color.
6. Unfortunately, Stress can cause breakouts and skin irritations. Planning a wedding can be stressful. Try and keep your stress levels under control by listening to relaxing music, take a warm bath and light a lavendar candle, read a book, schedule a swedish massage, try stretching and deep breathing daily to balance your spirit, mind and body.
"Angela did my makeup for my wedding in August and the experience I had with her was amazing! She was so nice and attentive to how I wanted my makeup to be for my wedding day. She really made me, and my bridal party feel relaxed and beautiful the entire time. I could not have pictured a better experience from start to finish. Angela really made me feel my absolute best and of course, look the best"! -Jordan